1. A crime is a behavior within the definition of the provisions of the criminal law and should be subject to criminal penalty.
2. A crime is the behavior that is harmful to the society and should be punished with criminal penalty.
3. A sin takes in everything done, said and willed against right reason.
4. A witness’s credibility noticeably diminishes as the enormity of the crime or the unlikeliness of its circumstances increase.
5. An act does not make a person guilty of a crime unless the mind is also guilty.
6. An intoxicated person who commits a crime shall bear criminal responsibility.
7. By selling alcohol to minors, the shop is deliberately flouting the law.
8. Criminal responsibility is to be borne for negligent crimes only when the law so provides.
9. Criminals responsibility shall be borne for intentional crimes.
10. Criminal are sick; they should be patients, not prisoners.
11. Everyone is held to be innocent until he is proved guilty.
12. Facility of pardon is an incentive to crime。
13. Giving the killer what he deserves.
14. Hate the sin but not the sinner.
15. He carried out a felonious act.
16. He confessed to the crime during his interrogation.
17. He denied being in the house at the time of the murder.
18. He pleads not guilty to murder but guilty to manslaughter.
19. He tried to establish his innocence.
20. He turned over a new leaf.
21. He was accused of murder.
22. He was arrested for disorderly conduct in the street.
23. He was arrested on suspicion of being an accessory to the crime.
24. He was brought to court and charged with rape.
25. He was charged with trafficing in drugs.
26. He was cleared of all charges.
27. He was found guilty by the court-martial and sentenced to imprisonment.
28. He was found guilty of gross dereliction of duty.
29. He was indicted for murder.
30. He was prosecuted for embezzlement.
31. He was sent to prison for six months for embezzlement.
32. Mercy to the criminal may be cruelty to the people.
33. Repetition of a libel is an offence.
34. Sexual intercourse with a girl under sixteen is an offence.
35. She was sent to prison for blackmail.
36. The crime was premeditated.
37. The company was guilty of evading the VAT regulations.
38. The suspects were placed in detention.
39. The suspect was apprehended at the scene of the crime.
40. The theft comes into the category of petty crime.